Provably you are looking for a complete solution of how to puree without a blender? Here we’ll go learn you about pureeing ingredient without a blender.
Many people don’t have blender at home, or use powerful kitchen appliances instead of a blender. Also, many people don’t like blending food. Since blending food has some adverse impact.
Our today’s tips and information will help you to puree through some common and enough powerful kitchen appliance which is always available in your favorite kitchen.
So, carry on reading until the end to discover some unique tips and tricks about how to puree without a blender. Here you will find some frequently asked questions answer about pureeing without a blender at the ending part of this article.
The 6 best kitchen appliances for How to puree without a blender
In every kitchen, there are some common appliances that can help people puree ingredients without an expensive blender.
Here I have enlisted Food Mill, Chinois Strainer, Vegetable peeler, Fine-mesh sieve, Steamer Basket as the best kitchen appliance to puree food ingredients without a blender for you.
Using these 6 the best appliances, you can quickly puree ingredients without a blender for many delicious food recipes relatively and rapidly less effort. Also, there is a mortar & pestle technique enlisted here.
1. How to puree with a Chef’s Knife?
If you had a chef’s knife in your kitchen, you are really lucky. It is the best kitchen appliance for pureeing any kind of ingredients. With the help of this amazing kitchen appliance, you can puree almost all kinds of food ingredients instead of buying a expensive blender.
You chef’s knife will help you to puree your selected ingredients quickly and comfortably. Follow the below-mentioned steps to puree with a chef’s knife.
- Step 1: At first, wash, peel, and get prepared the ingredients that you want to puree. Then, place them in a chopping block.
- Spep2: Now, chop the selected foods into small pieces with a sharp and clean chef’s knife. Note, at time of chopping the foods, you have to use a rocking motion.
- Step 3: After completing the above two steps, assume your chef’s knife, then position it almost flat but on a slight angle, and edge side down.
- Step 4: Presently, with one hand on the knife and other on the handle, rock and drag the knife over the effectively chopped foods already.
- You have to do this over and again until you end up with a mush-like thing.
2. How to puree with Steamer Basket?
A Steamer basket is a must-have kitchen tool and it is commonly available in every smart kitchen. If you have a steamer basket in your kitchen, It can be your best bet for making puree. Follow the below steps to puree the ingredients of your favorite recipes.
- Step 1: Take your ingredients which you want to puree and put them in a steamer basket.
- Step 2: Now, add water in a saucepan. The water level must be 2.5 to 3 centimeters of the pan.
- Step 3: Then, place the steamer basket in the saucepan and run the ingredients under the cold water to cool.
- Step 4: After completing the above steps accurately, now you have to add some steaming liquid if the puree is much stiffer. Then, shift the cold ingredients in a tray.
- Step 5: It is the final step. Now, store the ingredients in airtight or in a freezer for 3 days to 3 months.
Although pureeing with this kitchen appliance is a little bit hard, it needs a lot of efforts and times, but it is the right tools to puree something, and it is enjoyable.
3. How to puree with Food Mill?
The food mill is another must-have kitchen appliance for a smart kitchen and it is the perfect kitchen appliance for pureeing food ingredients without the help of powerful blender.
If you use it daily, then you can realize its effectiveness. This tool is used mostly for pureeing soup or sauce ingredients.
The food mill will help you to puree your selected ingredients through tiny holes. It also helps you to separate the skin from vegetables relatively less effort.
Food mill can be your a good option to puree a lot of ingredients within a short time.
4. How to puree with Chinois Strainer?
Chinois strainer is one of the best kitchen appliances to puree different types of ingredients easily and quickly . Using this available kitchen appliance, you can puree easily and comfortably through it without the help of blender.
The Chinois strainer will help you to find a smoother and finer puree. This appliance is a little bit difficult to use than a food mill. In this case, you need to push the puree through the holes at the time of using it.
5.How to puree with Vegetable peeler?
A vegetable peeler is considered as the best kitchen appliance for removing the vegetable peel. It is also used mostly for removing fruits peel.
If you want to make baby food, a vegetable peeler can be your best bet to puree ingredients. You can use it in any situation. It is easier and time saver equipment for pureeing. To use this appliance, you need not per-experience.
6. How to puree with Fine-mesh sieve?
The Fine-mesh sieve can be used to puree food ingredients without a blender. You can puree something with it easily and quickly.
A fine-mesh sieve helps to puree your selected ingredients be smoother. Using it, you can complete your work within a short time. If you use these common kitchen appliances, you can practically realize its effectiveness.
Follow the below steps to apply the mortar & pestle technique:
Suppose you don’t like the above kitchen appliances to puree something without a blender. In this case, there is one, and the only way to puree something without a blender is mortar & pestle procedure. This is considered the best ways to puree anything without a blender.
Follow the below steps to apply the mortar & pestle technique:
At first, chop your selected ingredients into the small pieces as you can.
Now, for smashing already chopped ingredients more, you should push them down with the palm of your hand. Then you have to move the smashing ingredients into the mortar.
After completing the above step 1 and 2, now use the pestle and make a circular motion until your ingredients are totally pureed.
Although it’s a little bit difficult, it is very effective and enjoyable. It is also rewarding.
Try it at home to make delicious food recipes. According to the chefs, it is the best way to puree anything without a blender.
- EVERYDAY FUNCTIONALITY: Whether you need to make baby food, tomato...
- EASY TO USE: With its traditional design and the easy-to-turn hand...
- QUALITY MATERIALS & DESIGN: The Küchenprofi Professional Stainless...
- INTERCHANGEABLE DISCS: A Küchenprofi classic, this food mill...
- TRADITION OF QUALITY: Küchenprofi was founded in Germany in 1923....
How Do I puree without Electricity?
You are trying to puree something, but electricity is absent from your house at this time. In this situation, what can you do?
There is nothing to be worried about. You can puree your ingredients without the help of electricity.
In this case, you have to use mortar & pestle technique or Food mill equipment. Use this technique and equipment to follow in the above information and steps.
Can I use a mixture in the place of a blender?
Yes! You can use a mixture in the place of a blender. But in this case, you have to understand some situations.
- First, you have to understand the differences between a mixer and a blender.
- Generally, a blender is used for liquefying something quickly.
- A mixer is used for mixing anything completely without turning and destroying anything into mush.
- Blender is run very high shear rates; on the other hand, a mixer is run low shear rates.
If you really want to puree anything pulverized totally, then use a blender. However, if you want to mix something thoroughly, then use a mixer.
What appliances can I use instead of a Blender?
You can use some common kitchen appliances if you don’t have any blender in your kitchen. I have enlisted 13 kitchen appliances below that can be used instead of a blender:
- Potato ricer
- Chef’s knife
- Hand mixer
- Food mill
- Chinois Strainer
- Vegetable Peeler
- Fine-mesh Sieve
- Steamer Basket
- Food processor
- Mortar & Pestle
- Stand mixer
Can I puree without a blender?
Yes, you can puree food ingredients without a blender. Generally, a blender is used for pureeing something, but many people don’t have it at their kitchen, or they don’t like to puree with a blender.
A blender will help you pulverized something completely, and it takes a short time to puree something. To get more information about how to puree without a blender, read the above-explained steps and information of this article.
Can I puree by hand?
Pureeing something with a food processor or a blender gives better results than pureeing with hand. However, if you don’t have any blender or a food processor, you can puree anything with hand.
Use a chef’s knife to puree. This commonly available kitchen appliance helps you to puree anything with your hand.
Find more information about how to puree with the chef’s knife and reread the above-mentioned steps and information.
What can I use if I don’t have a food processor or blender?
If you don’t have a blender or a food processor, you have nothing to be worried about.
You can puree anything without a blender or a food processor. For this, you have to know some tricks and make some effort.
I have written a lot about this question in the above. To get a complete solution to your asking problem, please reread the whole article.
What is the difference between bender and food processors?
There is a great difference between food processor and blender. Generally, a food processor is designed for preparing different types of food recipes.
On the other hand, a blender is designed to pulverize something completely and mix dry and wet ingredients.
Where to buy pureed food for adults?
Not only adults but also people of all ages can buy pureed food in any vegetable shop, grocery shop, or online.
Hopefully, now you have achieved a lot of information and tips from this article.
Now, you know everything about how to puree ingredients without a blender, and it’s related some frequently asked questions solutions.
If you can use these tips and information accurately, you will not need to buy a blender.
Although blender is handy and it will help you puree anything shortly and easily.